The Astonishing Listening Training (No Kidding!)
The validation of children does not come so much from helping them, as it does hearing them. Most parents and professionals are engaged in fixing and advice-giving modes of helping which focus on what children need to hear from us… rather than what we need to hear and receive from them. This profound training is designed to immerse participants in the experience of listening with an ear towards 'being with', rather than 'doing for' children.
Helping parents and professionals:
- Recognize key barriers to listening
- Illuminate the vast differences between open-ended and closed-ended questions
- Debunk that praise builds self-esteem
- Experience the freedom that compassionate empathy makes in being with, rather than doing for, children
- Activate children’s inner wisdom
Talk to Jeff About This Training Call 707-206-2156 or Click Here
For a complete list of our trainings please click here.
May 4, 2012