For Parents & Professionals
How to Speak with Children
About Difficult Things
Learning to talk with children about the profound issues affecting their lives demands a high level of skill and empathy on the part of parents and professionals. Many of our children are confused and well-defended, pushing away all attempts to help. This training is designed to help participants gain clarity about their own issues as a vehicle to connect with children about theirs. The training takes the premise that the two necessary conditions to connect with any human being are:
- We know the issue within ourselves, within our own way
- We have come to peace with that issue
Helping parents and professionals:
- Gain awareness in how to lay the therapeutic foundation for a truthful, thoughtful conversation to take place
- See it all as human; that everyone in their own way has dealt with grief, abandonment, addiction, betrayal, joy, love, hope, etc.
- Develop new tools in how to listen with an ear toward understanding rather than doing
- Learn the difference between information sharing which engages the child’s inner witness and manipulation which engages either opposition or compliance
Talk to Jeff About This Training Call 707-206-2156 or Click Here
For a complete list of our trainings please click here.
May 4, 2012